Remember that homemade Nutella recipe going around tumblr?
Yeah, I veganized it. And for only 7 more calories per tablespoon :3Veganized NutellaNumber of servingsServes 12 people
Hershey’s Cocoa - Natl Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 4 tbsp
Madhava - Blue Agave Nectar - Raw, 6 tbsp
So Delicious - Coconut Milk- Vanilla, 2 tbsp
Per Serving:47.1 calories
Blender-Free Strawberry Banana Sorbet
- 1 medium Banana
- 4 medium Strawberries
While still in peel, lightly roll banana on counter top to soften it up. Cut one end of banana off and carefully squeeze contents into a plastic sandwich bag. Cut up 4 strawberries, removing leaves, and place in bag. Close bag and squish contents until contents are mixed to your liking. Cut corner off of bag and squeeze into a freezer-safe container (I like to use a rinsed out small Chobani yogurt cup). Cover with saran wrap and a rubber band. Put in freezer and wait for contents to firm. Enjoy.
Nutritional Content: (<1g fat, 32.5g carbs, 1.75g protein, ~128 calories)
Will be doing this in a few minutes.
Vegan Sprout-Lover’s Sandwich with Grapefruit, Tempeh, and Pepitas
I need to do this!
Low Fat Guacamole
24 Calories for 1/4 cup 3.6 carbohydrates 2g protein
* 10-ounce pack of frozen peas
* 1/2 small ripe avocado
* 1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed
* 1/2 ripe tomato, de-seeded and chopped
* 1/3 cup chopped onion (optional)
* Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Cook peas according to package instructions. Empty into a colander, drain and rinse with cold water. Place peas, avocado and cilantro in a blender and blend to desired consistency. Spoon into a bowl with chopped tomato and onion. Add a squeeze of lime juice, stir and serve.
“Few days ago i was experimenting with raw recipes again and i made one…cake. It looks kinda funny and its not exactly low-fat, but i thought i post it here in case somebody wants to try to make it. And, you know, you can still eat SOME fat when you are low fat raw vegan, just…
Ultimate Fudge Brownies
(Makes 8 vegan brownies)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ww pastry flour (or white, or you can try spelt or gluten-free)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sweetener (see link, below, for lower-sugar version)
- 1.5 oz soft tofu or mori-nu firm or lite firm (about 1/8 box)
- 1/3 cup applesauce (use only 1/4 cup if using 3T oil)
- 1 to 3 T oil (I use coconut oil. Canola is ok too.)
- 2 T non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: you can throw in some chocolate chips
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- For a lower-sugar version, you can add 1 tsp Nunaturals stevia and then cut sweetener to 1/3 cup (or even to 1/4 cup, if you only want a subtly-sweet brownie) . Or you can experiment with a higher ratio of stevia-to-sugar if you like stevia-sweetened baked goods.
- If you wish to use liquid sweetener (such as agave or maple syrup), scale the applesauce back to 1/4 cup (and be aware that your brownies will be a little bit denser).
- Angry Munchkins: I like very dark, bitter chocolate. So when I make these for myself, I add only 3 T sugar and no stevia. My friends make fun of my version and say it tastes extremely dark and bitter… like the brownies are angry!
**Remember: these brownies will taste so much sweeter if you let them sit for at least an hour before trying them. I’m really not sure why this is the case!**
Today I went grocery shopping, bad idea. I was hungry and I couldn’t help myself!
I was even going to buy toffee covered peanuts, since they’re not vegan that was the only thing that stopped me. I bought two, yes two things of oreos. Why? I couldn’t bring myself to take them out of my cart. Oh my gosh, so much money was spent today. I am feeling so guilty.
The good news is that I now have enough food for a small family. haha. I shouldn’t need to go grocery shopping for like two weeks. haha. I need to stop spending money in all honesty though. Also my sister is going to buy my car! She is going to make payments on it, I think I’m ok with that. I don’t want to sell it any less than 1500, hopefully I can get $2000. We shall see.
That was basically my day. I’m going to get the gym tomorrow about 7am so that not that many people are there. I get a bit self concious when I try and do free weights. Today was a no cardio day and I felt like I didn’t do everything I could so some pilates is about to take place.
Love you all.
even though I know it is going to be the most painful. I am hungry and this “not eating because I’m in pain” thing is not helping. I just wish I could get food in my body, but not cause so much pain.
wah wah wah.
Worked out for 2 hours yesterday, yikes! Today my hip flexers are so sore. haha. I ran for about an hour combined. I burned 667 calories if I can remember correctly.
I made some amazing food last night. A stir fry of sorts.
So good. Make too much, so yay for left overs. I wish I had moneys to go grocery shopping again. I love me some produce. I am going to try and eat as clean as humanly possible over the next couple of days. I get paid on wednesday, I’m hoping for like $115 ish. And let’s hope unemployment is going through.